Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Books I've been meaning to get around to.

My brother once told me this story about something called a 'Roundtoit.' He said one day while at his childhood friends' house they were in the garage playing and they showed him one; a 'Roundtoit.' His friend explained to him, just as he explained to me that it was a very special item, very hard to find. A lot of people would never see it.

Get it?

I know I'm corny. LOL. Well, the point of the story is, is that I have several books that I'd recommend/love to read based on their reviews and topics and if anyone has read them I would love to hear their takes. Here's my shortlist:

Green Collar Economy by Van Jones
Animal, Vegetable, Miracle by Barbara Kingsolver
Slow Food Nation, by Carlo Petrini
In Defense of Food, by Michael Pollan
Hot Flat and Crowded by Thomas Friedman

So this is just a shortlist, but once I get a 'roundtoit' reading one of these, that is, (or scanning the pages as my daughter screams to use it as a coloring book) I will definitely post a review.

In the meantime, have you any recommendations? Reviews?

No comments: