Monday, July 27, 2009

Guess who's biz-aack

Hey all -

I've been gone for a while and I apologize.

I've had major writing block.

While I am NOT going to make all these promises about how I'll never do it again and how I'll be a better blogger next time I WILL tell you some of the things that piqued my interest while I was away.

Other black and green people:

Van Jones - I want to be like him when I grow up
Bryant Terry - The Grub Movement is one that people who call themselves GREEN should be familiar with!
Black and Into Green - This woman has been blogging for a while about black and green issues.
EcoSista - Another black and green blogger! Yay!
DNLee at Urban Science Adventures - This woman is a scientist with knowledge for days about science and biology. She touches on green issues every now and then.

I'm always on the quest for getting to know more black and green people so if you know of anyone I should know more about please put me on!

My Anti-Green Daddy's garden.

I think I'm going to name him Mean-Green for the sake of this blog because for someone who doesn't stand for the green movement, he sure does have a healthy backyard garden where foot long zucchinis grow like weeds. I saw a clothesline when I was visiting this past weekend, and he even is carrying Klean Kanteens now to work - or at least a generic equivalent. Last weekend we had a mess of green beans and potatoes. Onions, strawberries and canteloupe weren't too far away but I digress. More on that to come ...

So although I haven't been writing I've been paying attention to all that's been happening around me. I'll have lots of ammo and most importantly the desire to write and chronicle the journey to being black and green.

Later.

No comments: